Sweet, baby, sweet!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bienvenidos, Yokoso, and Welcome (sorry, I don't know Korean)

Fam,

Welcome to the Miner Family blog. Meg and I thought that this would be a fun and easy way to keep in touch with everyone, wherever we may be. Please feel free to post any current events, pictures, updates, articles of interest, or whatever you like. It’s totally free and it’s extremely easy to use. If you have any questions look through the help section on the website (blogger.com) or ask me.

Meg and I are enjoying our time over here in Japan. We didn’t get to celebrate the 4th of July so we’re looking forward to getting this upcoming Monday off for “Umi no Hi” or “Ocean Day.” Meghan gets to go to the grocery store nearly everyday seeing as how our refrigerator is somewhat smallish. Grocery shopping has almost turned into a hobby for her. She enjoys the whole experience, everything from bringing her own grocery bags, not being able to read any of the food labels, bagging her own groceries, and riding home with groceries in hand weaving in and out of traffic on her sweet bike. I honestly have to say that Meg has been a good sport and has really adapted well to the culture over here. I’ve enjoyed my internship thus far overall. However, the last week and a half have been somewhat of a drag because my supervisor has been out of town. He’s back now and I’m hoping things pick up again in the next few days. Meg and I have assimilated ourselves into the ward enough to receive callings: I’m a ward missionary and Meg is (drumroll, please!)…the Primary chorister. We’re both excited about our callings. We attend the missionary Family Home Evening every week and may start attending the English classes as part of my calling. Meg is ready to roll with the primary songs. We’re in good health and looking forward to more excitement over here in Japan.

We look forward to hearing from all members of the family so don’t be shy and give it a try (not a bad rhyme if I do say so myself).

Love,
Brad & Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home